« Home | Watch "30 Rock" this Thursday! » | Dark Roasted Blend: Religion Can Be Funny! » | The Oscars: The Worst of the Best » | Amillia Taylor, World's Youngest Surviving Prematu... » | Michael Granberry - from "Valley of Gwombi" to "Ad... » | Sick and Twisted Boyfriend Michael Granberry prese... » | 30 Rock is Great! » | Hey! Kelly Leak Got an Oscar Nomination! » | Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space » | Ian Ziering is Coming to Dancing with the Stars » 

Gary Green

Thursday, March 15, 2007 

When I Met Bob Barker

I waited outside the man's dressing room for over ten minutes trying to figure out what I wanted to say. I've been hooked on TPIR since I was a kid (if you've followed my blog over the last few months you've probably already figured that out) and truly he is one of the major reasons I wound up working in non-scripted television. You have to figure that a guy who is as beloved by so many generations of people as he is, at heart, must be a pretty decent fellow, and I certainly was not disappointed. I asked him if he planned on writing a book, and when he said he wasn't sure there would be a lot of interest, I told him I thougt he had really mis-judged what the world thinks of him. He was very laid back about who would replace him on the show, and really seemed to hope that whoever gets the job manages to run away with it. No bitterness about leaving at all - I suppose that's because he's doing it entirely on his terms and while he is still at the top of his game. Would that we could all be that fortunate.

It was a dream come true getting to ask him questions, discuss what I thought about the different games on the show, swap the names of mutual friends in the business, and thank him for the years of superb hosting and overall genuine entertainment, I almost decided to forego asking for a picture, but when I remembered I had the digi-cam in my back pocket, I went ahead and asked, and he was more than happy to oblige me.



It will be tough to watch TPIR with anyone else at the helm, and Bob's not giving much in the way of clues as to who is coming after him. it's pretty tough to find anyone in the industry who has managed to stay at job for one year, let alone 35! Truly a once in a lifetime moment for me.


Past "Price is Right" Entries
TPIR Hotties of the week
When the contestants get surly on "The Price is Right."

Labels: , ,

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com